Game Engine Programmer
Auckland, New ZealandNZ$90,000 - NZ$150,000 per yearTech team
RocketWerkz is an ambitious video games studio based on Auckland’s waterfront in New Zealand Founded by Dean Hall, creator of hit survival game DayZ, we are independently-run but have the backing of one of the world's largest games companies. Our two major games currently out on Steam are Icarus and Stationeers, with other projects in development.
As an Engineering Programmer, you’ll work closely with both our technical engineering team and our game developers to speed up the process of making quality games.
In this role you will:
- Create developer-friendly interfaces for custom C++ plugins and in-house libraries
- Build plugins to extend our existing tools and maximise their functionality
- Work closely with the game designers and game programmers to understand their design workflow needs
- Understand and contribute to the project as a whole
- Use C++, JetBrains Space and task management tools
- Manage your own workload and work hours in consultation with the wider team
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years game development industry experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong Python skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar (or equivalent industry experience)
As a bonus we also look for:
- Experience with graphics APIs
- CMAKE experience
- Experience with other languages
- A portfolio of published game projects
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Auckland although we can offer flexible working. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspect of your culture or identity, you have an important role to play in our team.