Technical Producer (Game Development)
Auckland, New ZealandNZ$70,000 - NZ$135,000 per yearTech team
RocketWerkz is an ambitious video games studio based on Auckland’s waterfront. Founded by Dean Hall, creator of hit survival game DayZ, we are independently-run but have the backing of one of the world's largest games companies. Our two major games currently out on Steam are Icarus and Stationeers, with other projects in development.
We’re looking for a product steward for a highly technical product, so you’ll need game development programming experience along with strong production and organisational skills.
In this role you will:
- Project manage a range of game development and graphics rendering tools that help us make great games
- Clearly communicate and document tasks, milestones and issues, their importance and risks
- Work with the Head of Engineering and software engineers to design and prioritise product features
- Understand game development software and architecture, design requirements and production
- Create user-friendly documentation for a suite of development tools
- Work closely with end-user game designers and game programmers to understand their design workflow needs
- Facilitate project testing and feedback
- Understand and contribute to the project as a whole
- Use JetBrains Space and task management tools
- Manage your own workload and work hours in consultation with the wider team
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' experience in game development programming or similar
- Experience in software project management
- Experience in C++ and/or C#
As a bonus we also look for:
- Experience with JetBrains Space, Jira and/or Confluence
- Game development programming experience
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Auckland although we can offer flexible working. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspect of your culture or identity, you have an important role to play in our team.