Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Games
Auckland, New ZealandNZ$65,000 - NZ$135,000 per yearTech team
This is an exciting opportunity to break into or grow your career in the competitive video games industry.
RocketWerkz is an ambitious video games studio based on Auckland’s waterfront. Founded by Dean Hall, creator of hit survival game DayZ, we are independently-run but have the backing of one of the world's largest games companies. Our two major games currently out on Steam are Icarus and Stationeers, with other projects in development.
While having played a lot of games is great, for this role we are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who can be involved from the ground-up to develop an automated testing process for our graphics renderer and developer tools. Speed, optimisation and quality coding standards will be your goals.
In this role you will:
- Create automation test solutions within the graphics engine, custom plugins, APIs, build processes and servers
- Design, implement, and maintain the test automation frameworks and test pipeline
- Develop suite of tests and maps to monitor performance and identify issues early
- Clearly communicate and document issues, their importance and risk to the project
- Understand software systems and architecture, design requirements and production
- Understand and contribute to the project as a whole
- Use C++, C#, JetBrains Space and unit testing tools such as Catch2 and NUnit
- Manage your own workload and work hours in consultation with the wider team
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software programming and automation development
- Experience with performance and stress testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Professional experience in C++ and C#
- Experience in test automation and tools such as Catch2 and NUnit
As a bonus we also look for:
- Game development programming experience
- Game playing experience
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Auckland although we can offer flexible working. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspect of your culture or identity, you have an important role to play in our team.